an introduction to the weird science of transdermal nutrient absorption and how it works to help cancel our daily stress.
our skin is a giant-ass, hella thirsty sponge
We have 25ft2 of skin covering our bodies that when soaking in a warm bath open its pores and organically takes in up to 5 days of essential vitamins and minerals. You relax, your skin does all the work.
stress is a non-stop, round-the-clock, a-hole
Stress sends our bodies into overdrive, burning through gobs of vitamins and minerals that would normally stick around to help ease stress away. Daily stress keeps burning even while you sleep. Jerk.
transdermal absorption for the win
Bioavailable vitamins and minerals naturally absorb into our skin, immediately travelling to all the parts of our bodies to destroy stress - something the food we eat and multi-vitamins take up to 8 hours to do. Stress = destroyed.
sparked when our body gets low on Complex B Vitamins, Elemental Zinc, and Bioavailable Magnesium.
pops up when our body is getting low on Vitamins A & E, Natural L-Carnitine, and Bioavailable Magnesium
jumpstarts when our body is running low on Vitamins C & D, Essential Omega-3, and Biovailable Magnesium
Who knew? Here are the top notch studies that taught us all about transdermal soaking and how it can treat stress better than pretty much anything else out there.
- Current Advancements in Transdermal Biosensing and Targeted Drug Delivery, 2019, University of North Carolina
- Transdermal Patches: History, Development and Pharmacology, 2015, University of South Australia
- Myth or Reality-Transdermal Magnesium?, 2017, IPEV Institute for Prevention and Nutrition
- Permeation Enhancer Strategies in Transdermal Drug Delivery, 2016, ISF College of Pharmacology
- Delving Deeper Into Dermal and Transdermal Drug Delivery: Factors and Mechanisms Associated With Nanocarrier-mediated Strategies, 2018, Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences